Major equipment in this lab includes:
- Biotek Synergy HT Multi-detection Microplate Reader for absorbance, fluorescence and luminescence
- Leica CM1900 cryostat for sectioning
- Bench-top SpeedVac concentrator SPD131DDA with digital programming
- 3 Class II Biological Safety Cabinets
- 4 CO2 incubator units (2 water-jacketed by NuAire and 2 with Active Background Contamination Control by Sanyo)
- Olympus IX70 inverted tissue culture microscope equipped to image specimens in a variety of illumination modes including brightfield, darkfield, phase contrast, Hoffman modulation contrast, fluorescence, and differential interference contrast.
--The microscope is also capable of fully automated operation via a motorized stage controlled by a Ludl MAC 2000 controller.
--Images are captured using a Photometrics CoolSnap Cf Mono CCD digital camera with a 1392x1040 imaging array.
--The addition of a 6 position emission filter wheel equipped with an RGB filter combination allows color image acquisition using a monochrome
--Image processing, analysis, and measurement are performed using the MetaMorph Imaging system from Universal Imaging Corporation.
The following links describe some of the key facilities available at the University of Minnesota for our research: